Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Re: Wheels falling off...?

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 4 months ago #1

• Macca
  • Macca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premier League
  • Premier League
  • STOP...........................Hammer Time!!
  • Thank you received: 0
How dare he tar us with same brush. His problems are mainly of his own doing, and Vics problems are mainly of his own doing....and not Witton's.

We will look after our own affairs thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 4 months ago #2

If he thinks Vics are going to get 1700 he's having a laugh!! Reading between the lines though he is admitting that none of the profits from his restaurants etc are going to the club. That's all going to line his own pocket, so when Vics fans head up there like sheep thinking the sunday carvery is supporting their fooball club they are well off the mark. Infact it's more likely to make Connet flog the club, if his other businesses are doing so well but the football team isn't he'll just cut his losses and concentrate on the businesses that are turning over a decent profit.

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 4 months ago #3

NVFC RIP

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 4 months ago #4

• Mike_T
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Albion supporters club, Doha branch!
  • Thank you received: 76
From what I've heard business is far from good, quite the opposite. Wouldn't do to admit and publicise that though, if you were the owner.
Mid-Cheshire community website - add your business for free.
How well do you know the Mid-Cheshire area? Play the new StreetGuessr game at Where in the World?

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 4 months ago #5

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
Who takes his wife or girlfriend for a meal on an Industrial Estate? As for his Marina, it is for Canal Barges for God's sake, not millionaures yachts, I can't see that making millons. He will be like my favourite film soon, "Gone with the Wind."
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #6

If he thinks Vics are going to get 1700 he's having a laugh!! Reading between the lines though he is admitting that none of the profits from his restaurants etc are going to the club. That's all going to line his own pocket, so when Vics fans head up there like sheep thinking the sunday carvery is supporting their fooball club they are well off the mark. Infact it's more likely to make Connet flog the club, if his other businesses are doing so well but the football team isn't he'll just cut his losses and concentrate on the businesses that are turning over a decent profit.

Mystic Robbo strikes again!! By all accounts he's offering to rent the ground back to the club for next season!!!

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #7

• CHAD
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Thank you received: 84
But what else has he supposedly also done?????

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #8

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
ENOUGH, ENOUGH!! No wonder Connett makes the back pages of the Guardian, even Wittoners are always talking about him. Time to stop thinking about the sinking ship that is Vics and move on to the really important matter of Witton Albion and their championship push.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #9

• Neil
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
I agree WHS we should concentrate on us - however assuming the rumours are true it does have major significance for us.
Witton till I die!

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #10

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Neil, It's a rumour, our championship challenge is a FACT.

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #11

Whats the problem?? Its in the 'Other Teams' part on the website!!
At least people are talking on here!

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #12

Well said my orange-follicled chum!!

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #13

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
My point is that we should ignore Vics just as the Northwich Guardian ignore us. I couldn't care less what happens to Vics, I care about Witton and the idea that FC United will be playing locally bothers me more than having Vics up the road; with their fan base they could be a real problem to our club.
WHS.

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #14

• Picko
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Thank you received: 7
FC United were formed because a section of Manchester United fans were opposed to their club being bought out by a private investor, how would they be justified in paying a man to use a ground who not only bought a club but got fed up and left them on the verge of bankruptcy
The hardest part about moving on is learning not to look back!!

Re: Wheels falling off...? 12 years 3 months ago #15

Whats their fan base gonna be a problem for? Ill tell my mum and dad of you,they go and watch them every week!! And its the silliest idea theyve ever heard about them playing at Vics' ground,theyre FC United of MANCHESTER

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds