Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Grantham Town.
1 days 21 hours and 30 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Former Players

Re:Former Players 9 years 8 months ago #241

We need the old Cheshire League reforming WUFC to bring back those classic games !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Former Players 9 years 8 months ago #242

eligorton wrote:

We need the old Cheshire League reforming WUFC to bring back those classic games !

Agreed! Maybe then we would pull in more than 90 fans a game regularly aswell... Where did it all go wrong?
Watching the Barton Stadium slowly crumble in to non-existence,
Praying for a new ground that will never come...

Re:Former Players 9 years 8 months ago #243

Interesting to see that Chris Gaghan has scored 28 goals this season and is 7th in the Unibond League's top scorers chart. Not a bad return for a wide player.
I saw my mate the other day, he said to me he'd seen the white Pele, so I asked who is he.....?
......he goes by the name of Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, he goes by the name of Mike Moseley!

Re:Former Players 9 years 8 months ago #244

The_Wincham_Rabbit wrote:

Not a bad return for a wide player.

I would say that Pritch is wider?

:laugh:

Re:Former Players 9 years 8 months ago #245

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
Not a good result for Mr. Broadhead, but he was warned they are a club going nowhere fast!!
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Re:Former Players 9 years 8 months ago #246

WHS wrote:

Not a good result for Mr. Broadhead, but he was warned they are a club going nowhere fast!!
WHS.

Just think Ryan, you could have been a hero for the Albs at Belper today.........

Re:Former Players 9 years 7 months ago #247

unibondleague.pitchero.com/paladino-appo...-at-rossendale-1403/

Ex Witton if i remmember? I was very young when he played so cant remmember much but didnt he punch someone and get sent off? :laugh:

Re:Former Players 9 years 7 months ago #248

joey p punch someone :ohmy: nar very placid was our joey.
one memory i have of him was in the trophy match at st albans
shadow boxing in front of the home crowd :laugh:

i cannot remember him getting sent off in any witton game.

Re:Former Players 9 years 7 months ago #249

Joey was in our Wembley party as back-up for Keith Mason. He played in a few league games in the lead up to Wembley. The one a remember was Barrow away. The wind was really bad and we kicked into it in the first half. Every time Joey kicked the ball it went back over his head and over the bar for a corner to Barrow. Somehow it was 0-0 at half time. We went on to win 1-0 from an over-hit pass from Colin Rose from his own half, which flew into the net. I remember Peter O-Brien saying to the players on the way home that the way we defended in the first half would be the way we would have to defend against Martin O'Neil's Wycombe Wanderers in the FA Trophy Quater Final, especially against Steve Guppy.
Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

Re:Former Players 9 years 7 months ago #250

and a very nice chap be was while he was at the Albion I seem to remember.

Re:Former Players 9 years 7 months ago #251

Big smoking Joe lives not too far away from myself,in the New Bold Green/Sutton area of St Helens.This area of the town has been re-developed and it is where the football team use to play.

I spotted Joe a couple of months ago on a sunday morning at St Gregorys High School,watching his son play against a Crosfields side.Naturally his son was in goal and completely filled it.

Joe has also run a taxi cab firm and gymnasium.I work with a lad who was a member of his gym and he said that Joe was kept busy in being a sparring partner for various heavyweights.

On his day Joe was a good goalie and never let us down.I have chosen my words carefully,just in case he reads this and pays me a visit.

Re:Former Players 9 years 7 months ago #252

Joey Paladino was a gentle giant and a nice bloke. I remember some Wittoners going to see his pro boxing debut, nice to hear news of him! I remember an away game at Stalybridge (I think) him having a good game, good luck to Joe!

Re: Former Players 9 years 6 months ago #253

Mark Peers released by Halifax Town, according to their manager;

“Mark Peers was a player I inherited,” said Aspin. “It is all about opinions, and I hope he gets another club, but I feel that he didn’t deliver what he should have done on enough occasions"
I saw my mate the other day, he said to me he'd seen the white Pele, so I asked who is he.....?
......he goes by the name of Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, he goes by the name of Mike Moseley!

Re:Former Players 9 years 6 months ago #254

Sign him up quickly

Re:Former Players 9 years 6 months ago #255

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
I agree, get him quick!!
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds