Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Northwich Victoria (PSF).
2 days 23 hours and 41 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Question for Chad (senior!)

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #31

• CHAD
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Thank you received: 84
???????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #32

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
The original question was about what his first game was.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #33

• Paul S
  • Paul S's Avatar Topic Author
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Thank you received: 213

CHAD wrote: Hi Paul, catching up with events from 1,000 miles away and able to add to what some fab wittoners have posted.

Mike joined from macc debuted 17/11/84 at Hyde. He replaced Ian senior and went on to make 99 appearances, 26 clean sheets before going to congleton after his final match at home to Caernarfon 28/10/86.

He had NPL X1 representative honours and was succeeded by Steve skupski who had played a few times previously most notably the lancs floodlit final win at preston
on pens v Chorley.

UTA

Fantastic stuff, thanks very much Phil. Going on this information my first game must have been during November/December 1984 or in 1985 before the end of that season. I shall raid the museum at the next home game to see if there are any programmes knocking about from that period.

I remember Steve Skupski and went to the Lancs floodlit final at Preston, I do have a picture somewhere of the team holding the trophy aloft. If I remember correctly Malcom "Waggy" Wagstaff was the star man on the night. What a good player he was too.

Thanks again mate and see you soon! UTA
If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Last edit: by Paul S.

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #34

did peter henderson score 7 in a game,if so what team and year.not sure if it was middlewich or radcliffe.

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #35

• Mike_T
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Albion supporters club, Doha branch!
  • Thank you received: 76
Yes, he scored seven when we beat Radcliffe 11 - 0 at the Central Ground. Think that ws the same season that we beat Nantwich, above us in the table at the time, 9 - 1 at home.
Mid-Cheshire community website - add your business for free.
How well do you know the Mid-Cheshire area? Play the new StreetGuessr game at Where in the World?

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #36

Before I got involved with Witton, I spent 7 years helping run Sunday football teams. I was lucky enough to see one of the teams reach the Cheshire Suday Cup Final on a couple of occasions,but the one team that stopped us winning it, was a team from Birkenhead called "Avenue" or "Avenue Victoria Lodge". They had a keeper called Skupski, better known as "Spitter Skupski". Was he the same player?
Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #37

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Try the library, they have the Guardian and Chronicle all on microfilm, easy enough to use and a librarian will help if you ask.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #38

didnt we also beat Middlewich 9-0 in that run of wins ?
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #39

Jeff, the Steve Skupski who played in the Cheshire Sunday Cup wining sides was definitely the same one who played for us. One of the finals he played in was at the Drill Field and he scored one of the goals Pat Jennings style. Not sure if that was against your team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #40

so did russ hooton have two or more spells with us then

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #41

• MONA
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Thank you received: 105
Me first game was Witton v Wellington Town March 8th 1958. We won 1 nil with a goal from Len Stephenson. Len was understudy to Stan Matthews at Blackpool then went on to Port Vale then Oldham then us.Blimey I feel old now!!
I've gotta say that one of the reasons for my longivity in supporting the Albs is people like Chad (fabulous bloke worked in IT with himin the early 70's as well as being in the witton choir in the 60's), Eric Finnegan, Pete Robinson, Tony Dean, Fred Spruce, Alan Spruce and countless others as well as those no longer with us sadly, people like "Sir" Thomas Stelfox, Samuel Powell, Little Sammie with that smile, Mr Colin Cooperman (he'd have an argument with a fly crawling up a wall), all legends as far as I'm concerned plus countless others. This is what makes our club so great!! UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Chad

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #42

Great and moving post Mona/Chris!

Bang on the money, those people and their ilk are what made the club so great!

Completely off topic by the way nono ;)

Question for Chad (senior!) 2 years 9 months ago #43

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Where is Robbo when you need him? I totally agree about the supporters, they even put up with me!!
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds