Next Fixture

Runcorn Linnets v. Witton Albion (PSF)
53 days 09 hours and 00 minutes

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

New book on the history of Witton Albion

If anyone would like to order a copy of the book, written by Alan Lowe (WHS on here), please post on the ' BOOK ' thread or contact Alan directly. The book should be published later this year, Alan will need to know the number required. The book will cost in the region of £10, all profits will go to the club.
Please spread the message to any Wittoners you know who no longer get to games or who do not use this forum.

Guardian

More
3 months 5 days ago #16 by C.J.

Its not a moan its about our club being treated fairly, think we have a new person board to look at media etc but he has only just started his role, but Andrew Simpson has enough info available anyway to treat us as the SENIOR club fairly that is what is wrong.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 5 days ago #17 by WHEELS

The club has a Communications Manager, yes he is fairly new to the position. As regards the website being updated, I do my best in that respect and provide whatever information the club gives me as and when it is deemed appropriate to do so.

More
3 months 5 days ago #18 by Alan Walker

There's a huge amount of sport in the area, football included. Think if the club were more proactive they would be able to push stories the Guardians way. If this new press officer is any good that would be the first thing to do. Seems a bit off to blame one person for not chasing the club down and begging them for stories.

And to be honest WHS you are a boring sod and I'd ban you. Your more full of c##p than most on the board and nobody really values your opinion. Bore off.

More
3 months 5 days ago #19 by eligorton

CJ - MTB was a good reporter, his missus was a V*c's fan. His reports were accurate and his Alick Day column was full of local sport titbits. He obviously had his contacts in the area to get his information and that's what good journalists did back in the day.

AW - please lay off WHS !

WHEELS - Keep up the good work you are very much Appreciated by all !

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
3 months 5 days ago #20 by Alan Walker

Why should I lay off him. He's the one slinging mud to start this topic off.

I'll admit I'm a '1666' fan myself but come on here for amusement to watch you lot self implode. You are flying high, have a great manager and a great team and yet you still moan.

How many of you contributors to this forum roll your sleeves up and get stuck into the work that needs to go on at the swamp. Or are you all too busy on here crying that you haven't got a bigger headline on the back page of what is let's be fair a small local paper.

Ask yourselves this. Is the reason the Guardian give as much coverage to us as you lot because we are on an equally footing? Or have you forgotten last years CSC?!

Mind the Gap

More
3 months 5 days ago #21 by Lexwire

Hi all, I have recently taken over the role of communications manager at the club and one of my first tasks is to look at the coverage we currently receive in all forms of the media, written or online. I have so far engaged with the Mid Cheshire independent where we have had no coverage and am pleased to say that we will be in the March edition for the first time in 12 months. As far as the Guardian is concerned, I am meeting with Andrew Simpson in the next week to look at how we can get more coverage in the paper and how moving forwards we can ensure that we get our share of column inches. I also note in earlier comments about our website, and I agree that it is not a great platform, so we will be moving to a new site very soon which will give us much greater capability. Currently the new site is built and I am putting it through some tough testing. Before we decide the final view I will be looking to get some fans feedback to ensure that it really hits the mark! I appreciate that there is a lot to do and I have a very detailed plan on how we will move this forward and I will be as transparent as possible with all concerned, needless to say I won't get everything sorted overnight!

Thanks for your support.

The following user(s) said Thank You: C.J., Paul S, Thatched tavern, WHEELS, Mookie Blaylock, 2Trains1Bus

More
3 months 5 days ago #22 by batchman

Hi Lexwire, please give me a call on 01606-77461 or 07740-784922. Cheers

More
3 months 5 days ago #23 by WHS

Thank you for that Mr. Walker. What it has to do with the thread I have no idea.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
3 months 5 days ago #24 by WHS

Just read you are a 1666 supporter so your opinion of me is of no interest to me or anyone else at Witton. Oh, by the way, keep your eye open for the new book on Witton written by me, you will find the truth about 1874 and your ex ground in there. I say "Eye" as you are probably a "One Eyed Northwicher" who now watches 1666 because the other lot are in the mire, bet you were at the big cup ties though!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
3 months 5 days ago #25 by rabbitsopinion

Up till just over 18 months I was the Comms manager for the club and have seen how these things work and probably have more of an informed opinion than most. The doesn't take away anybodys right to have their say but perhaps you are not aware of the full picture.

I think the criticism here of Andy Simpson is unfounded and unfair. Like any sporting club you have to fight for your column inches in any publication. This happens as far up as the Premier League (I know this as I have a friend who is a press officer at a top flight club). It doesn't matter if you think you are the senior team or whatever, it is about readership and circulation. Take the North East for example. Newcastle should be underneath Sunderland in terms of 'seniority' however there are far more Mags than Mackems so Newcastle get a bigger share of the local rag. Sadly for you, 1874 are on par with Witton despite playing at a lower level, and during my time were actually surpassing Albion in terms of gates and interest. So we created our own interest. Exclusives with players and management (not just Pritch but 3 different managers in my time), podcasts, social media, radio interviews. The list goes on.

So rather than going and been critical you should be looking at the club first and what they do to capture the imagination of the local press. Anyone who thinks that Witton have a god given right to the back page is deluded and in with no disrespect meant - a little arrogant. Does Andy Simpson still write a programme piece? Does he do that for other clubs (including non football). Does Andy Simpson go on Local radio and podcasts and talk about Witton? Judging by his social media he does. Don't get too hung up on column inches in a newspaper. Times have changed and a lot don't read the paper anymore they will head online. And from the little research I've just done Andy Simpson does more for Witton online than the clubs own Twitter and Facebook account.

As for saying some of it was down to Andy's personal relationship with Pritch - what a load of bollocks. Pritch worked as hard as anyone to create a good working relationship with the local press as he knew the importance of that. But so did Tony Sullivan and I believe Carl is quite engaging as well (we won't mention Dundas!). I can't speak for managers before that as I wasn't at the club.

Lexwire - good luck. It's a thankless task at times as you can see as even when the club are doing well people will find reason to be negative. If you need anything feel free to give me a shout as i'll always help!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S, Thatched tavern, Mookie Blaylock

More
3 months 5 days ago #26 by Alan Walker

WHS if it is written by you I'll be lucky to get past the title page without falling asleep.

And the irony of a man who is writing a book full of hatred for rivals calling someone one eyed is humorous. Not sure it was meant to be.

Tell you what I'll come down to your big game next week and we can discuss it there? Or will you be otherwise engaged and come on here telling everyone why you couldn't be at the game.

More
3 months 5 days ago #27 by WHS

I did reply to this but then I thought, "Why am I talking to a 1666 supporter on the Witton Albion web site"? Bit confused though why you want to meet me if my words would only send you to sleep. GOODBYE. Are you still awake?
WHS.

More
3 months 5 days ago #28 by Paul S

Alan Walker wrote:

Why should I lay off him. He's the one slinging mud to start this topic off.

I'll admit I'm a '1666' fan myself but come on here for amusement to watch you lot self implode. You are flying high, have a great manager and a great team and yet you still moan.

How many of you contributors to this forum roll your sleeves up and get stuck into the work that needs to go on at the swamp. Or are you all too busy on here crying that you haven't got a bigger headline on the back page of what is let's be fair a small local paper.

Ask yourselves this. Is the reason the Guardian give as much coverage to us as you lot because we are on an equally footing? Or have you forgotten last years CSC?!

Mind the Gap

Were you one of the 1874 fans that spat their dummy out when Northwich Town Council sponsored our game on boxing day? Absolutely pathetic gesture by some of your fans but hardly surprising.

PS - It was the MCSC you won.

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
3 months 5 days ago #29 by Alan Walker

Yes thanks for pointing out my typo. Fat fingers and a Samsung don't mix.

It doesn't bother me who sponsors your games to be honest. I genuinely wish Witton the best of luck in their endeavours to get back to Northern Prem. But it just amuses me to see the self destruction from within your own fan base of your club. And that's why you'll never move forward. Too many dinosaurs who think history is everything and the future is nothing.

WHS I was going to extend the olive branch of peace. I could 'enjoy' a game with you and in return you could come to one of our promotion games and experience real passion and not apathy. Maybe then you could write a real story.

Does your book begin 'once upon a time Witton took a load of dirty money'? Actually I'll just wait and pick up a copy in the charity shop before the end of the season.

More
3 months 5 days ago #30 by eligorton

The online Guardian is quite good really !

Just had a look at Kronenberg 1066 forum - boring !

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds