Next Fixture

Marine v. Witton Albion
1 days 01 hours and 53 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are 1874 in freefall ?

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #76

How can anyone who doesn't support Witton comment on how welcoming our club is.
I've been a Wittoner for over 40 years ,my Dad a lot longer and have always felt at home at Wincham Park and before that the Central Ground, in fact I practically grew up on the Central Ground.
At the moment the feel good factor within our club is better than I can remember in long time.
Take a look at the thread started by WHS regarding his book and look at the names people have posted , note how fondly these people are remembered.
I'm proud to be a Wittoner, always have been and always will be.
I for one have no interest in any other club in the area but when criticism is pointed at our well run , welcoming club it does amuse me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Charliebel.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #77

How can anyone who doesn't support 1874 comment on what we do? At least I've been to some of your games. This season in fact.

The two clubs aren't that different other than Witton have been around a lot longer obviously. But that means they've had more lows (and highs).

But when you look at the here and now. Two clubs with passionate fans. Some absolute berks as well mind you. However we have got bragging rights over the latest silverware ;)

You have your opinions about my club. I have mine about yours. And the cyber bullies on here who are dead brave from behind a laptop are just proving that some of you are threatened by us.

Enjoy your time in the sunshine because it might not be long before you are back in the shadows, as you were for most of your history.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #78

At no point have I commented on your club and certainly have no intention of ever posting on your forum.
I have on numerous occasions on this forum stated my objection to our fans engaging in arguments with fans from other certain teams and I know a lot of Wittoner feel the same way.
I have no interest in your club, whatsoever, what you do , where you play or your plans in the future. At the end of the day you were all V**s fans at some point and I don't expect you to like Witton however I agree local rivalries are good for the future of local football and long may that continue.
All I'm concerned about is the future of Witton Albion and and the moment the feel good factor around the club is second to none
If I'm honest if we played you with our full first team out I honestly dont think you'd beat us, this is the best Witton side I've seen in a Long time

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #79

Charliebel I don't disagree with anything you say there. And I'm sure if you did put out your full team you would beat us. You should on paper.

If only a few of your fellow fans would take a leaf out of your book but they are the ones who will end up with egg on their faces

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #80

Alan, you offered the olive branch to WHS. I'll be at Wincham Park on Tuesday if you want to come and stand behind the goal with the Witton massive?

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #81

not sure what you are going on about

The Victoria Stadium was not ours, it belonged to the bank and prior to that Mr Connett,
Do you think Vics could afford to buy/play the ground on the gates we were getting
even if Mr Rushe had bought the ground it would still not be ours , it would of belonged Mr Rushe or one of his mystery investors. the Stadium would now be derilict as Vics would not be able to afford play, the rates alone at the VS were 12k, adding onto that Gas, Electricity, water, telephone, Ground and pitch maintenance plus some sort or rental or loan repayment.

We have reduced the wage bill right down now to around £600/£700 per week and if we can get through this season playing in a ground which we can afford.

I'm really confused do you want Vics to play in a ground vics which it cannot afford or play in a different ground which it can afford

plus 1874 fans are no angels they have been going around spreading lies than pinocchio, they can't seem to grasp the fact that Vics made around 87k from last seasons FA Cup/Trophy run and think Mr Rushe has been paying the rent when the club had enough income last year to cover our costs.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #82

Vics have never ever had enough money to cover their costs, not since the sad and sorry shenanigans over selling buying back and selling again the Drill Field. The sums never ever added up at the great green and white elephant of a stadium over the canal. Nothing Rushe ever touched infact has ever been sustainable HE NEVER PAID THINGS like tax, national insurance bills etc. Oh and if you were so "sustainable" last season how come you are in administration AGAIN. When is the CVA to be put to the creditors and when are you in court AGAIN. Oh and who is paying the £600 to £700 per week wages, rent to us and other ongoing expense....tick tock.....

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #83

Sorry im confused If that's the case why do people COMPLAIN about losing the ground which we could not afford. Maybe you and the other COMPLAINERS are under the impression it would have been free to play on or less expensive than where we could potentially play next season.

Vics have not been sustainable for many years as you say, last season we were fortunate to have the cup run, we would of lost 1000's otherwise.

Your probably not aware of some of the problems the Rushe family have caused us over the last few weeks. We may or maynot survive but we are going to try and fight to keep it alive. all will have to be resolved tho by 31st of March. so you may get your wish and us dead and buried soon

Vics fans have had to pump in £1000's into the club this year to keep it going. obv that can not continue, like I say if we can be playing in a ground next season which we CAN AFFORD and a wage budget which we can afford then who knows. We may have to make that decision tomorrow night at the meeting.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #84

Your probably not aware of some of the problems the Rushe family have caused us over the last few weeks.
No we are not aware, please do tell :whistle: :whistle:
I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob1874

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #85

Judging by what's going on in the prisons Rushe will have made a fortune to bail u out again !

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #86

I suggest we leave this topic to slowly disappear. If we don't make any more comments it will go quiet I'm sure, then we can get on with what really matters which is firstly the small matter of the game tonight and then hopefully the push towards promotion.
I really don't see the point of getting involved in any discussions about other clubs futures because I for one certainly haven't got one ounce of interest in it.
At the point of repeating myself the feel good factor at the moment is second to none.
I know which group of fans shoes I'd rather be in.
I would be very surprised if I'm on my own on this matter.
UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: come_on_the_albs

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #87

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 163
I will be there in the Season Ticket Holder's section of the stand, though I do like a walk around the ground at half time. As for talking to Alan Walker, why should I? He has nothing to say to me that I have any real wish to hear. Anyway, he says my book will probably send him to sleep as I am such a bore so maybe I had better not speak to him, he might fall asleep, fall down and hurt himself.
Maidenhead' s York Road is the oldest ground in England and the Racecourse Ground at Wrexham is the oldest in Wales. As for 1874 it is the date A Northwich Victoria were founded that went out of existence in 1890. A new club formed from the old club and Davenham and Hartford took the name Northwich Victoria from the then defunct club. There was A Witton Albion in 1887 but it was not the same Witton Albion that now exists, that was officially formed in 1890. So we do have something in common with Vics, we were formed in the same year. Are you asleep yet Alan?
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Walker

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #88

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 163
I agree with Charliebel, why are we discussing 1874 and Vics? We don'y discuss Winsford and Barnton. Let's get back to what really matters to us, Witton Albion.
WHS
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #89

Good luck in your big game tonight. Hope you do better than we did in ours at the weekend! You need to win this one to have any hope of winning the league don't you. Let's hope you don't bottle it

WHS don't you worry about me petal. You just stick to writing your drivel with your one eye!

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #90

They took Davenham and Hartford St Johns best players as well . Davenham had a great team in those days - won the CSC in 1886. Never forgive them !

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds