Next Fixture

Marine v. Witton Albion
1 days 02 hours and 54 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are 1874 in freefall ?

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 10 months ago #61

would rather give me money to witton than to them

I don't know if Mr Barlow is being deliberatly being stupid but he has managed to twist what Brian has said (see below) into we have not been paying you any rent this season when Brian has cleary stated "currently paying." If Vics fail to pay any of our rent installments the league will take away our license.

Turner added. “We can’t afford the rent we are currently paying by groundsharing at Witton Albion and if we get through this period the club will be leaving in the summer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 10 months ago #62

• C.J.
  • C.J.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Thank you received: 428
No its not deliberate He just is stupid - cannot understand a statement or facts, its sad for him really.
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #63

I have been at Wincham park for quite a number of the Vics games this season. The opposing teams are generally quite interested in the state of play with the Vics. Most of them have a sincere desire to see Vics saved and to prosper. Its also quite telling that many of them (the visitors) cannot understand the reasons for 1874's existence, nor the animosity between both clubs.

If 1874 think that with the demise of Vics that they so earnestly seek, that they (1874) will embody the spirit of Vics and own the mantle and standards of the once proud club, I think they are mistaken. 1874 have a long, long way to go to win hearts and minds of casual observers and their continual jibing and provocation of the Vics supporters trying to save the club isn't helping their cause.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Dutch Holland

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #64

• C.J.
  • Away
  • Legend
  • Legend
Oh dear 2012 Winsford Lost at title favourites Atherton ! what a shame, looks like another season in the dog and duck league for them, if we do get promoted this season that will put the distance between us where it should be at least 2 leagues.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #65

Knutsfordian wrote: I have been at Wincham park for quite a number of the Vics games this season. The opposing teams are generally quite interested in the state of play with the Vics. Most of them have a sincere desire to see Vics saved and to prosper. Its also quite telling that many of them (the visitors) cannot understand the reasons for 1874's existence, nor the animosity between both clubs.

If 1874 think that with the demise of Vics that they so earnestly seek, that they (1874) will embody the spirit of Vics and own the mantle and standards of the once proud club, I think they are mistaken. 1874 have a long, long way to go to win hearts and minds of casual observers and their continual jibing and provocation of the Vics supporters trying to save the club isn't helping their cause.

Have you not enlightened these opposing teams as to how "The Vics" have taken the rest of the football family for mugs by their continual living beyond their means and not paying for anything and losing their ground and alienating their fans to such an extent that some of them felt they had no alternative but to form a fan run club to live within it's means? 1874 fans were all Vics fans who were sick and tired of being lied to again and again. Are you not aware of what happened at Chester, Hereford, Kings Lynn, Salisbury City Etc Etc. Grow a pair and support the football family. NO ONE should be wanting to see any football club like Vics "saved and prosper" they ought to have been wound up or liquidated some time ago!!

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #66

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 163
Cruel, but true. And as for 1890 fans who claim to be whiter than white, how many did NOT go to the big FA Cup games when Vics were on a roll?
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #67

Not ALL 1874 fans were Vics fans. It is possible that 1874 have captured the imagination of new fans. After all it's a far more welcoming and positive place than The swamp right now.
Even after saturdays loss there's positivity around the fans.
As for Vics it's a shame but they need to just call it a day. After all there is a viable alternative

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #68

• C.J.
  • Away
  • Legend
  • Legend
how can it be welcoming and positive when you play in Winsford at Barton stadium lol

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #69

1874 who? Did they get beat this weekend? They'll be after the gaffers head again.. who are ya :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Walker

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #70

In response to Alan walkers comment about Witton not being welcoming, I was a regular at Anfield until 6 years ago when I took my son to watch Witton as Liverpool were away.
We were welcomed with open arms and we immediately felt like part of the family and I've not been to Anfield since. Within that season I got to know pretty much everyone there, including the manager, players and even the chairman! Now it feels like I have been a Wittoner all of my life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas, C.J.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #71

Good for you Witton Massive. Pleased for you that you have been made to feel welcome.

Did you realise that is remotely possible at other clubs as well. You chose Witton which is on you but others on here seem to think the world revolves around Winchimp park and no other team would be capable of producing such a positive feelings.

I follow 1874. In a sick way I like to see you lot do ok as well as I'm proud of Northwich as a town and my family has been here for generations.

I just wonder how some of you would feel if this whole situation was the other way round, which it could easily of been. Or do we just ignore the history you do passionately bang on about?!

How much of the land money is the club seeing? Or is going to pay off some debts. Be careful or those debts could soon mount up especially when your tenants stop paying (if they haven't already).

But I'm glad you all get so passionately worked up about 1874. Shows how much you are threatened by us and are desperate to keep us out of the town!!

Mind the gap fellas.

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #72

come_on_the_albs wrote: 1874 who? Did they get beat this weekend? They'll be after the gaffers head again.. who are ya :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Weren't you very vocal about calling for your two previous managers heads?

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #73

Alan Walker wrote:

come_on_the_albs wrote: 1874 who? Did they get beat this weekend? They'll be after the gaffers head again.. who are ya :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Weren't you very vocal about calling for your two previous managers heads?

Love it when they bite... bless :laugh:

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #74

AW. It's only by chance that I ended up being a Wittoner. I asked my lad if he wanted to go and watch Witton or v*cs and he picked Witton only because they play in red!
I've had the conversation with other Witton lads regarding what we'd do in your situation and for me personally I'd stick with the real Albion rather than the breakaway team or walk away altogether, which I know some of your lot did do.
Personally I'm a Northwich lad born and bred and I think it is a shame what's happened, I grew up on Belmont Road in rudheath (don't know if you know it?) but we could hear the noise from the Drill field when we having a kick about on the field.
As for the 1666 lot, bring it on! What's the point in football if you haven't got a local derby to get excited about!?
UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Walker

Are 1874 in freefall ? 1 year 9 months ago #75

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 163
I remember kickbouts on Belmot Road in the fifties and sixties, great fun. Anyway Mr Walker, were you at the big FA Cup ties or not?
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds