Next Fixture

Shaw Lane AFC v. Witton Albion
2 days 08 hours and 39 minutes

Are 1874 in freefall ?

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #31 by WWWitton
WWWitton replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
MM I understand the enthusiasm for 1874 and commend the fans ownership thing but it is funny how some 1874 fans have this 'holier than thou' attitude but the reality is that we have been a fan owned club for a long time and have suffered in order to live within our means and pay our debts while at the time you 'Born Again Vics Fans' of today were laughing, cheering and slagging us off for being a small club (fan owned who pay their debts) while your club was spending money you didn't have and not paying it back etc...(we all know the history).

You have now seen the light and it is commendable but it took you thirty to forty years to see the light and so this 'holier than thou' attitude sounds a bit like when a serial murderer, forty years on, decides to repent his sins, becomes a born again christian and then takes the moral high ground and expects the world to see them as a universally recognized standard of justice or goodness. However, the mass murderer can change his name and try and distance himself from his past, even say that he is a different person but it will take a lot longer than three or four years before people forget about the previous forty years of mass murder!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ME, 2Trains1Bus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #32 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Bit over the top but I get what you mean. Thieves in the past, nice people now.
AND.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #33 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Oh Dear, lost again 1-0 to the mighty Silsden !!!, the free-fall continues it seems, what a shame.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #34 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?

C.J. wrote: Oh Dear, lost again 1-0 to the mighty Silsden !!!, the free-fall continues it seems, what a shame.

A massive 102 in attendance too CJ. Looks like they don't take many away.

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #35 by WHS
What do you mean? They are "AWAY" every week!!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #36 by Paul S
Good point!

More
1 year 1 week ago #37 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Reading the manager Street criticising the "holier than thou" fans for daring to criticise Him and the team/tactics and implying He does not like fan run clubs, they do seem to be in trouble dont they (one could even say in freefall ) UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
1 year 1 week ago #38 by come_on_the_albs
come_on_the_albs replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Oh dear, 1874 who?

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #39 by Paul S

Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Paul S.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #40 by Paul S
Hearing about them getting walloped 4-0 in the Winsford derby yesterday is the funniest thing I've heard all Christmas! :laugh: :laugh:

Also heard a very distasteful rumour that many 1874 fans contacted Northwich Town Council to try and stop them sponsoring our game yesterday. They did not succeed but because of the objections the representatives of our council were not allowed to receive any complimentary food and drink like we give to all our match sponsors? Does anyone know if this is true?

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #41 by come_on_the_albs
come_on_the_albs replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Who are 1874? Never heard of them..do they even play in our town?

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #42 by WHS
What have a Winsford team got to do with Northwich Town Council? I thought the merger idea in the programme was brilliant, the two teams renamed "Winsford 3891"!!
WHS.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #43 by MONA
MONA replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Lovely people who run Northwich town council were very helpful to me over a witton cementry issue and a lot of witton greats are down there I always look and remember when I go to see my parents and grandparents graves. The point is yes 1874 are playing in winsford so if NTC want to sponsor us whats wrong with that so I'm sad if the rumours are true about this.
However despite what we all think 1874 will not go away. They do have influences locally and they will probably end up playing back in Northwich probably at moss farm when they will become a real threat. We need to be more dynamic now while we are in a good position one that we've not been in for a number of years!! See my post elsewhere.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #44 by Paul S

MONA wrote: Lovely people who run Northwich town council were very helpful to me over a witton cementry issue and a lot of witton greats are down there I always look and remember when I go to see my parents and grandparents graves. The point is yes 1874 are playing in winsford so if NTC want to sponsor us whats wrong with that so I'm sad if the rumours are true about this.
However despite what we all think 1874 will not go away. They do have influences locally and they will probably end up playing back in Northwich probably at moss farm when they will become a real threat. We need to be more dynamic now while we are in a good position one that we've not been in for a number of years!! See my post elsewhere.

When it was discussed in the past where WAFC could move to IF we were to ever sell our current ground most people on here ruled out Moss Farm. They said it would be impossible to move there due to all the land being council owned and it having various covenants on it. Why would this be any different for 1874 Northwich?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #45 by WHS
Because most of the council supported the old Vics.
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.819 seconds