Next Fixture

Nantwich Town v. Witton Albion
3 days 15 hours and 43 minutes

Are 1874 in freefall ?

More
11 months 3 days ago #16 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
I agree with the sentiments Knutsfordian but what happens to these two clubs can have a direct bearing on us, if they go we lose income, if they stay 1874 may join them and make them a real threat to our standing but if we keep them out of Northwich they can never thrive. But I do agree, we have a great team at the moment so it is "ONWARD AND UPWARDS" for us
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 days ago #17 by oddfellow
oddfellow replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Good God I thought we could moan about our team, They seem to think they have a divine right to win every game, Should be fun to read if they lose 2 on the bounce.

I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."

More
11 months 2 days ago #18 by Major Major
Major Major replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Gents.

You are right that a number of fans are complaining about a loss but I suspect that they amount to less than 10.
I suspect that vast majority of the Clubs owners are right behind our Manager and his team irrespective of these local difficulties.
If the Clubs owners dont like the way things are going they can speak directly to the Chairman who mans the gate at every game and if they dont like the Board they can elect them out at the AGM next month.
Personally I am quite happy with the way things are going.

More
11 months 2 days ago #19 by witton massive77
witton massive77 replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
I've just been having a chat with an 1874 fan and he reckons that the majority of the fans are calling for the manager to be sacked!
Doesn't take long does it!?

More
11 months 2 days ago #20 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
MM if you only have 10 unhappy fans- why are your gates down so much - way more than 10 more like 60-80 I reckon ! they may not be moaning but voting with their feet and absence.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
11 months 2 days ago #21 by Major Major
Dunno, but they have every opportunity to speak to the Chairman and Board Members at every game or at the AGM which is next week.

I suspect that once the original novelty has worn off it was inevitable that attendances would decrease but it is a long term project and we shall see.

I am confident of the long-term, solvent and sustainable future for MY club unbeholden to rich "businessmen" and their ethics.

More
11 months 2 days ago #22 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
To put in the kind of money that would make your club truly viable with a possible ground in Northwich you NEED a very wealthy businessman, ordinary workers and local businessmen just cannot fund your club to any sustainable level. Witton are a family club and own their own ground so do not NEED a big investment, though it would be gratefully received as long as there were no strings attached. There is a rule that applies to all businesses, you grow or you contract, we can grow, you cannot.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
11 months 2 days ago #23 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
"I am confident of the long-term, solvent and sustainable future for MY club un-beholden to rich "businessmen" and their ethics."

So are we as "supporter shareholders" and our hard working board are answerable to us as well ! there are hundreds of us, plus we also own a high quality ground to conference level already and lastly we can and do talk to the Chairman and board members regularly our accounts and AGM's are bang up to date every year.
So no worries on that score-plus having the playing side going so well this season after 3-4 years of below par football means our attendances are improving there is a really good feel factor at the club. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
11 months 2 days ago #24 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
The fundamental point that MM fails to address is "what;s the point of 1874 if the original NVFC thrives and is also run as a fan owned and managed club"? I suspect that there's a lot of former Vics supporters also affected by that conundrum. It may be a bit like voting for Trump - lots of people feel strongly about it, but won't come out of the long grass and talk about it !
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.J., Paul S

More
11 months 2 days ago #25 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Exactly Knutsfordian. Begrudgingly (for us to) the name Northwich Victoria is still a name known throughout the land as it was once one of the biggest names in non league football. 1874 are not even well known in Northwich.

Anyway we are the pride of the town these days and long may it continue. UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
11 months 2 days ago #26 by Major Major
Good for you!

More
11 months 2 days ago #27 by WWWitton
WWWitton replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?

Major Major wrote: Good for you!

Yes it is very good for us

More
11 months 1 day ago #28 by come_on_the_albs
come_on_the_albs replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
1874 who? :laugh:

More
11 months 1 day ago #29 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Still no response MM??

Lets leave it for now, but you know full well that the future may not be as rosy as you would like to think.In the mean time, I suggest you focus on the long term possibilities and what may be in the best interest of local Northwich based football teams. We will focus on what best for the Albion.

More
11 months 1 day ago #30 by Major Major
Knutsfordian.

I am sorry I didn't realize you were expecting a response.

I am confident in the future of 1874 Northwich FC and you are confident in the future of WAFC, although I dont think that NVFC has any future and I see that they have called another open meeting tomorrow.

Who knows what the future will bring and all I do know is that the future of 1874 is in the hands of its owners, all of whom are equal within the mutual status of the Club and I am happy to leave it in their hands.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds