Next Fixture

Workington AFC v. Witton Albion
1 days 16 hours and 16 minutes

Are 1874 in freefall ?

More
5 months 1 week ago #121 by come_on_the_albs
come_on_the_albs replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Things aren't too rosy over in Winsford are they? Was only a matter of time before the novelty wore off. Absolute SPANKING from the Linnets on Saturday was enough for the manager to follow the majority of the fan base. 1874 who? :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #122 by Matt Cat
Matt Cat replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
They seem to be getting very excited about Thursday nights MCSC tie against Witton, sorry to say guys with 2 important league games on Tuesday and Saturday i very much doubt the Witton Albion side on Thursday night will have any first team player on the team sheet and I've not yet spoke to one supporter who's going to Winsford!
Enjoy your Cup final

More
5 months 1 week ago #123 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Tomorrow evening and Saturday are massive games for us, we really need to win them both to have any chance of staying in the hunt for the league title. Thursday is an irrelevance and I hope we don't risk any of our first team squad. For 2012 its their biggest game of the season just like last year against us was.

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
4 months 1 day ago #124 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
See they have kept the current failing assistants as New Managers- must be tight for money on such low gates and out of every major cup early so cannot appoint a decent manager, and TB has been deducing nicknames for based on recent events lol sounds like fun lets have a go then as they like a laugh ;
Well they deserted their club like "rats from a sinking ship" and then created a "plastic version" of the club they abandoned so by simple deduction 1874 Northwich surely would be the "PLASTIC RATS"

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
4 months 18 hours ago #125 by C.J.
Oh dear they lost to the mighty Barnton tonight in a league game, the new joint managers are doing a great job !!!

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #126 by C.J.
Poor old Toddy, Blackie, et al celebrating winning the mid cheshire cup lol only fitting I suppose a plastic cup for a plastic club !!!

Meanwhile the only "proper club" and in the town win promotion to the Northern Premier league, how does that song go :

"SAY WE ARE GOING UP"

UTA

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #127 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
I can see 1890 gaining promotion, in ten or twenty years!!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #128 by GE
GE replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
They'll probably be 'promoted' when the lower levels on the Non-League pyramid are revised at the end of next season. They'll probably never earn promotion on the pitch.
GE

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #129 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Is anyone seriously interested in this thread anymore? Its an irrelevance who are they and who cares anyway?!! Our town is red and white. Always has been and always will be. UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #130 by WHS
I agree. For years I have had to live with the Greens being better than us, I now live in the knowledge they never will be again.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #131 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
never is a long time. Just enjoy the moment

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #132 by WHS
Well not in my lifetime then!!
WHS.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #133 by oddfellow
oddfellow replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
One good thing about us getting promoted and being successful is that it has really brought out how bitter and twisted them at Winsford really are. Does not show them in a favourable light, and its not just our fans that have noticed this.. .it has been mentioned by fans from other clubs. For a club that claims to be for the community and welcoming they have a few supporters that are doing more damage than any fan of any other club could hope to inflict. I go as far as to say i would question the sanity of one of the posters, as our wonderful season seems to have pushed them over the edge. ( i know you read this forum, you know who you are.) . I personally would not post on their forum.... as ignoring them would wind them up even more.

I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #134 by C.J.
Nail on the head Oddfellow, I know why Tb hates Witton and he is getting more bitter and twisted as he gets older, let's leave him to his plastic little club UTA

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #135 by come_on_the_albs
come_on_the_albs replied the topic: Are 1874 in freefall ?
Let's be honest, they've had a dreadful season, lost supporters and had to watch the town team get promoted. Not looking good for them, I even spoke to a couple of '1874 supporters' who came to our playoff games!

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds