Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Farsley Celtic (POSTPONED).
1 days 00 hours and 43 minutes

PLAYER NEWS

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #16 by eligorton
eligorton replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
The V*cs manager will withdraw his cash if he gets sacked ? That’s probably why Padiham would not take it !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #17 by come_on_the_albs
come_on_the_albs replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS

Thatched tavern wrote: How can we question these signings without knowing the details of the contracts? For all we know, they maybe signing contracts on less money than this season? From my experience as Football Secretary over the years, to get players to sign a contract at this time of the season is usually a lot cheaper than getting them to sign one in July or August. We have some great players at the moment, who are no doubt attracting attention from higher leagues, so to get them to commit to another season with us is great news.

I don't think we should have any players on contract until we are financially sound, which we clearly aren't.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #18 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
TT I was always told by board members that contract players like for like with non contract players is an extra 25%, so on that basis We should only have our elite players ( I can only think of 4-5 ) and mgt team on contract terms IMO, I dont think anyone has the 2 recently signed in that bracket OK for the squad but not elite by first 11 terms look at Evans for example a highly paid contract player who has only started 1 or 2 games and we cannot move Him on ! it is nonsense for a club with our budget constraints. I guess We have to trust Carl and the board on this -but concerned about it. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #19 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one Colin, until we know the full facts.

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #20 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
Yes no problem TT we all have a view. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

Time to create page: 0.794 seconds