Next Fixture

No events

PLAYER NEWS

More
3 months 1 week ago #1 by WHEELS
WHEELS created the topic: PLAYER NEWS
Witton Albion Football Club are delighted to announce that defender Nick Ryan & striker Will Jones have extended their contracts until the end of the 2018/19 season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

More
3 months 1 week ago #2 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
WHAT !!

I thought we were cutting the budget and getting rid of non necessary contracts ? very surprised at that decision tbh.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
3 months 1 week ago #3 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
Flabbergasted at that announcement tbh. Thought the club would have learnt from this season over unnecessary contracted players.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #4 by oddfellow
oddfellow replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
Great news, good to see 2 guys who always give their best signing up for next season. If they want to stay and play for Witton that's good enough for me. Coming into the last month of the season with a play off position in the balance, lets criticise the club and knock the players confidence about re-signing :dry:

I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by WHEELS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, albion forever

More
3 months 1 week ago #5 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
Good news, two players who give it everything.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #6 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
I understand your comments BUT the club has struggled like hell this season with too many and too expensive contracts. So for Me only 2 or 3 would have had contracts eg star players who are young enough to be sold on, each "contract player" costs us far more to employ and drives our budget up.

Witton Albion for Life UTA
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by WHEELS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampytheflavell

More
3 months 1 week ago #7 by Woody
Woody replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
I agree with CJ seems strange when we've pleaded poverty for most of the season. We don't seem to have learnt our lesson with finances. Which is a worry

More
3 months 1 week ago #8 by come_on_the_albs
come_on_the_albs replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
It makes no sense, but then again most decisions made recently are mind boggling.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #9 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
Maybe the tenancy monies we will get from V*cs over the next few years has been taken into account when making these decisions? As without it I agree the contracts would have really stretched our current budget.

Two very solid players either way imo. UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Paul S.

More
3 months 1 week ago #10 by Woody
Let's hope we're not relying on the Vics money to pay for anything. They've got history of not paying what they owe, reneging on agreements to play at grounds. They'll get no fans just as they didn't when they had a good side in the league above. Believing they will be here for years and able to pay is naive and without foundation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #11 by jonnyamery
jonnyamery replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
Micah Evans must be due his renewal? Surprised we havent offered him another year? Crazy

Reach for the stars
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world
Think about it

More
3 months 1 week ago #12 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
Great news. For the doubters which players do you think we SHOULD sign for next season (whether we are in this league or the one above), and are you aware of the deals offered??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
3 months 1 week ago #13 by Woody
No one is questioning the signings. It's the contracts I agree with CJ we should only have a few to minimise the risk of overspending like we have this season. Or we can keep overspending go bust, but atleast you were positive about it.

More
3 months 1 week ago #14 by come_on_the_albs
come_on_the_albs replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS

marston mauler wrote: Great news. For the doubters which players do you think we SHOULD sign for next season (whether we are in this league or the one above), and are you aware of the deals offered??

It’s not a question of who we should sign it is why are we giving out contracts when we have overspent. Are we not learning?

More
3 months 1 week ago #15 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: PLAYER NEWS
How can we question these signings without knowing the details of the contracts? For all we know, they maybe signing contracts on less money than this season? From my experience as Football Secretary over the years, to get players to sign a contract at this time of the season is usually a lot cheaper than getting them to sign one in July or August. We have some great players at the moment, who are no doubt attracting attention from higher leagues, so to get them to commit to another season with us is great news.

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever, witton massive77

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds