Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Farsley Celtic
0 days 07 hours and 52 minutes

Groundshare

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #31 by longham74
longham74 replied the topic: Groundshare
It's a pretty open secret who it is - they were even present at the negotiations between your Board and the NV official Board, and have said as much on social media.
Question is - why are they prepared to give a club struggling to get 3 figure gates upwards of 50K? Money which another NW club rejected when a similar deal was put to them.
I don't have the answer to that question, so I suggest you get hold of your chunk of that money while you can, because it won't last long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampytheflavell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #32 by Dave Dutch Holland
Dave Dutch Holland replied the topic: Groundshare
I just wanted to pop on here and thank everyone at Witton for taking Vic' s back on another ground-share it was ok at Barnton but it was a shock going from H4H's ground barntons ground our club has thanked barnton for helping us out for this season or we would have been relegated to north west counties football league Division 1. We currently going through conversion to a cooperative that mean we will be owned by the fans and can sell shares so you can see that Rush is no longer in charge and we be run by the loyal fans that stuck by the club through thick and thin I'm looking forward to our move to our new home and looking forward to drinking in your bar again and pushing put the league back where we belong

DDH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #33 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Groundshare
Hi Joe Reacher , as noted previously, the problem with your scenario is that 1874 are not in the market for a ground share having committed to Winsford for at least another year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.J., Thatched tavern

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #34 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: Groundshare
I am not happy about the ground sharing with nv, but i will continue to support my team as i have been doing for over 50 years. I also would say that if all those absent fans had returned at the beginning of the season after we got promotion then possibly this scenario may not have happened. So i suggest that the missing fans forget their grievances and get back to supporting Wiiton once more. The team deserve better support than they are currently getting. UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.J., Thatched tavern

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #35 by Woody
Woody replied the topic: Groundshare
Strange decision imo if fans are staying away because we agreed a grounshare with Vics. Repeating the same mistake isn't going to bring them back. There are more fans staying away than what Vics will bring. Surely with the new chairman coming in, we should have been saying it's a fresh start and we've learned from past mistakes and we can now move forward together. As for the alleged money issues, I say alleged because if any business is over spending they make cuts. We haven't let any players go and if we don't make the playoffs we've overspent and that seems reckless.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #36 by Knutsfordian
Easy to say that we should cut budgets, but who wants to watch a team that isn't competitive with no ambition? I think we have to raise funds to be the best that we can be at the level we are at. Success brings supporters, not failure. If we don't increase the supporter base over time then we have no future anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #37 by Woody
Should we not cut our cloth accordingly? The Vics grounshare has kept people away doing the same again will alienate those same fans. Surely our fans should be the number one priority. As for raising additional funds lots of good ideas have been put forward but never tried. I remember Mona had some great ideas but as usual they were ignored. I put forward what Chorley do for their sponsorship get 100 local businesses to pay £200 then they draw a winner and they're the shirt sponsor for the season. I understand that volunteers are few and far between, but we should focus the few we have into making as much money for the club as possible.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #38 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Groundshare
I Dont think we have lost too many due to ground-share tbh, and we have lost some due to issues with the the board maybe more, but the current board must feel it necessary to have the extra income and this league is certainly a much better league to be in in, bigger clubs better grounds etc so on balance I have to say its the right decision, for Me I will just get on with supporting the club UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S, Thatched tavern

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #39 by Knutsfordian
good ideas are one thing - getting someone to take responsibility for putting them into action is quite different. Woody - are you prepared to step up to the plate (if you already haven't)?

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #40 by Woody
I live in Blyth, so sadly volunteering isn't viable. I only mentioned previous ideas as people always ask for an alternative to renting the ground out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampytheflavell

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #41 by Dave Dutch Holland
Any chance that we could have a sign like this one that's says home of witton abion fc and Northwich Victoria fc?? I think it would be good for advertising and marketing for both clubs

Attachments:

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #42 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Groundshare
NO

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #43 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: Groundshare
I do hope you jest sire and speak with tongue firmly in cheek . Landlord doesn't advertise his or her property as the home of the tenant . This is a nonstarter full stop .

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #44 by Charliebel
Charliebel replied the topic: Groundshare

Dave Dutch Holland wrote: Any chance that we could have a sign like this one that's says home of witton abion fc and Northwich Victoria fc?? I think it would be good for advertising and marketing for both clubs

Honestly, is this a serious post

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #45 by Dave Dutch Holland
I dont understand why its a none starter it makes perfect sense if we are a partner what else do we get then in addition to playing home games can we charge for parking and can we run our own cafe and can we open our own cub shop to try and make some money back from the rent, do we run the bar like we did at barnton ground

Time to create page: 0.885 seconds