Next Fixture

Whitby Town v. Witton Albion
3 days 13 hours and 05 minutes

PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.

More
4 months 1 week ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #1 by WHEELS
WHEELS created the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.
The following players are confirmed as Witton Albion players for the 2017/18 Season.

GOALKEEPERS
CALVIN HARE
PAUL MOORE
RYAN NEILD

DEFENDERS
ANTHONY BROWN
MATTHEW COUGHLAN
MATTY DEVINE
ANTHONY GARDNER
DANNY McKENNA
NICK RYAN
MICHAEL WILSON

MIDFIELDERS
MICAH EVANS
RONAN EVES
JAMES FOLEY
BEN GREENOP
PRINCE HAYWOOD
BEN HEDLEY (loan)
CESAIRE LINGOUBA
CHRIS NOONE
TOM OWENS
PAUL WILLIAMS

FORWARDS
OWEN DALE (loan)
ROB HOPLEY
WILL JONES
STEVEN TAMES

Further additions will be announced as the news is made available.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by WHEELS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LordSidney, Thatched tavern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

More
4 months 1 week ago #2 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.
Light in the middle of the park but looks promising.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
4 months 1 week ago #3 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.
At this stage its little disappointing ! We need a decent keeper and at least 3-4 midfield players ? the squad listed is much weaker than last season IMO but we have to hope Carl has some good signings yet to make/ announce UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
4 months 1 week ago #4 by WHS
Bit unfair, I think Hare is a decent keeper and the squad, apart from the midfield looks stronger than last year, except of course the loss of Brad.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
4 months 1 week ago #5 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.
It's not unfair, Hare is nowhere near Roberts quality good shot stopper but not good in the air or commanding and that's the view of 99% of fans ! we have lost 2 of our best starting midfield 11 with no replacements yet ! so at this stage we are worse off but I expect Carl to improve on that position He is a very good manager and We have to to trust Him UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
4 months 1 week ago #6 by batchman
batchman replied the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.
Wouldn't worry too much fellas, compared to the beginning of last season, Carl's squad is superb. He's obviously working on it to improve, but this time last season he practically had three different squads from June onwards due to us switching leagues, so in comparison I would say he's way above par.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S

More
4 months 1 week ago #7 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.
If Hare is our first choice keeper there is good reason for concern. He is simply not big enough.

More
4 months 1 week ago #8 by WHS
Remember, because Roberts was injured so much we used 8-10 keepers last term. He may be a good keeper, but he is useless if he is in the stands watching! Just how small is Hare?
WHS.

More
4 months 1 week ago #9 by JT
JT replied the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.

WHS wrote: Remember, because Roberts was injured so much we used 8-10 keepers last term. He may be a good keeper, but he is useless if he is in the stands watching! Just how small is Hare?
WHS.

Have you lost the plot? Roberts played 40 + games for us last season and we didn't have 8-10 keepers to cover for him!

Hare is too small to be a keeper, you need presence in the nets and he ain't got it I'm afraid

More
4 months 6 days ago #10 by WHS
Have a check on the goalkeepers we used, I do think it was 8. As for our present one, with three centre backs maybe we don't need a tall keeper.
WHS.

More
4 months 6 days ago #11 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.
Goalkeepers used by Witton last season: Ryan Crump, Craig Ellison, Dominic Garner, Calvin Hare, Danny Roberts, Cesare Vernazza, Joseph Walker.

More
4 months 6 days ago #12 by WHS
Sorry, 7 not 8!! And the best one according to our Manager was Hare. I trust him, don't you?
WHS.

More
4 months 6 days ago #13 by Charliebel
Charliebel replied the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.
Roberts was by far the best keeper we had last season.

More
4 months 6 days ago #14 by JT
JT replied the topic: PLAYING SQUAD 2017/18.

WHS wrote: Sorry, 7 not 8!! And the best one according to our Manager was Hare. I trust him, don't you?
WHS.

So 6 keepers covered, 5 of them probably played a game each.

Still doesn't take away the fact that Roberts played 40 odd games and was a key player in getting promotion does it?

More
4 months 6 days ago #15 by WHS
Read my latest on our keeper Hare and perhaps you will admit it when you are wrong too.
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.690 seconds