Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Rhyl FC (PSF)
1 days 17 hours and 15 minutes

Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #31 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
I am sure they will. UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #32 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
As the first home friendly is not until the 20th July and I am hoping the book will be available sometime in early June I think the idea of selling them to pre-orders at a game is a none starter. I could still organise a night to do it, just not after a game. There s no reason however That I could not sell remaining copies at the Chester game.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
2 months 6 days ago #33 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Things are moving along nicely and I expect some good news quite soon.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
2 months 3 days ago #34 by WHS
Just to say I have been informed the books are likely to be delivered before the end of the month. If anyone wants to organise a night at the Club I will be happy to do it if I am free that night. I live in hope that the production company have made a good job of it, you will understand I am a little apprehensive, as there is a lot riding on it.
WHS.

More
2 months 3 days ago #35 by batchman
batchman replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Great news. I go on holiday on Friday, so will miss the social element, but looking forward to the book.

More
2 months 2 days ago #36 by WHS
I doubt we will be able to organise a night immediately. The good news is that Shona, my contact at the printers says the books look great, I do hope so!
WHS.

More
2 months 2 days ago #37 by WHS
The books are due to arrive tomorrow!!
WHS.

More
2 months 1 day ago #38 by WHS
The books have now arrived and they look GREAT!! Just need to organise a night for the people who have pre-ordered to collect their copies. Do not worry if you cannot make the night chosen, you will be able to collect your copy from my home, just have your £12 handy! Don't know how to put a photo on here but I will put one of the Front Cover on Facebook. Sorry that the museum photo could not be used as the lettering needed for the cover could not be housed on it.
WHS.

The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

More
2 months 12 hours ago #39 by WHS
Paul S. If someone can arrange for the bar to be open a couple of nights I would be glad to come down with the books, just need a few dates.
WHS.

More
2 months 10 hours ago #40 by WHS
I now have pre-orders for 84 books!! Just need a date to allow people to collect them. If I hear nothing in the next week I will put my address on here and people can collect from there.
WHS.

More
2 months 9 hours ago #41 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.

WHS wrote: I now have pre-orders for 84 books!! Just need a date to allow people to collect them. If I hear nothing in the next week I will put my address on here and people can collect from there.
WHS.

Alan - I have emailed you about this.

More
2 months 2 hours ago #42 by WHS
Got it mate. Apparently, the volunteers are down next weekend, perhaps my being there with the books would attract more. If not, just name some dates in June, I am free most nights until the 24th.
WHS.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #43 by WHS
Andy Chadwick, who sponsored the book, will collect his copy today, John Capper has had his copy posted to him in Crewe yesterday, but worry not, your turn will come!
WHS.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #44 by WHS
Please note. I can only accept cash or cheques made out to me for the books so please have the right money when you do come for them and don't expect to pay by card!!
WHS.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #45 by Paul S
Is it worth mentioning the book to the Northwich Guardian and Our Town magazine? Just thinking that there will be some folk, particularly new ones to the area, that may not be aware of the towns main football clubs history or even its existence. It could even attract some new football fans to Wincham Park.

Might be worth mentioning it to Simmo and Our Town magazine? Just a thought. UTA

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds