Next Fixture

Runcorn Town v. Witton Albion (CSC Prelim).
1 days 09 hours and 21 minutes

Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.

More
5 months 1 week ago #16 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.

Paul S wrote: Just an idea WHS but as it is looking like the books will be ready prior to the start of the next season would it be worth arranging a couple of dates in the evening for local Wittoners to collect their copies from the social club? Just thinking Wittoners could have a beer and a "catch up" in the club (during the boredom of close season), collect their book(s), whilst sticking a few quid behind the bar at the same time if they want to.

Again just a thought and apologies if arrangements are already in hand re collection etc.

An excellent suggestion .A book evening either at Witton or the local library with the writer signing the copies . Witton probably better because as Paul S says it gives us a chance for a beer and catch up .
UTA

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #17 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Sky spelt my name wrong in my email address and it was such a hassle trying to change it I gave up! My email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. but my name is ALAN!!
Doc, I was hoping someone would suggest it! I am more than happy to bring the books when they come to the club. I was thinking of charging a £1 for me to sign them, then I thought maybe I should charge a £1 not to!!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
5 months 1 week ago #18 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Sorry Paul S, no idea why I thought you were Doc!! Put it down to age! It is still a great idea.

WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
5 months 1 week ago #19 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Alan when you have more exact dates as to when the book will be ready perhaps something could be arranged with the club so that the social club is available for the "official launch" whilst also being an opportunity for Wittoners to get together and have a pint.

Ultimately the book charters the history of the football club we all love so I'm sure there would be lots to talk about during the evening, good times and bad being a Wittoner! A book/social evening at the club sounds a great idea and would put a few coffers behind the bar too. I'm sure the club wouldn't mind the social club being used for this event and I'd be happy to help arrange it if required. UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
5 months 1 week ago #20 by WHS
I will take you up on that. If we can sell all the books the club could get up to £1,000 out of it!
WHS.

More
5 months 1 week ago #21 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.

WHS wrote: Sorry Paul S, no idea why I thought you were Doc!! Put it down to age! It is still a great idea.

WHS.

I merely supported the idea . of Paul S . .Not sure about charging £1.00 to sign .Do other authors charge ?

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x

More
5 months 1 week ago #22 by WHS
Only joking about re the signing thing!!!
WHS.

More
5 months 1 week ago #23 by WHS
Regarding the book sales. The first night at the club that we organise will be for people who have pre-ordered only so if you definitely want copies order now. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 01606 45804 07527637108. I already have orders for 80 or so and we only have 150 to sell.
WHS.

More
5 months 1 week ago #24 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
There are also Pre Season Friendlies to be announced yet so, might have an opportunity to do something there.

More
5 months 1 week ago #25 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
A book signing by the author and the promotion winning team now that would be a nice to have ? Possible on a training night maybe UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
5 months 1 week ago #26 by WHS
I am open to all these ideas.
WHS.

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #27 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
I like CJ's idea. How about a "Special Guest/Club Legend" also being in attendance and signing the book too? Someone like Karl Thomas, for example, I noticed he was at the play off final and coincidentally it is 25 years ago from the Trophy final.

Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Paul S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8

More
5 months 1 week ago #28 by WHS
I just want to sell as many books as possible, how we do that I will leave up to others. A mass signing might take a long time so having all the team do it might be a problem. Getting individuals to approach the players once they have their book might be a better idea.
WHS.

More
5 months 1 week ago #29 by Paul S
At the end of the day its your book Alan but I just think the "book evening" would be a good opportunity to tie it in with Wittoners getting together and having a pint or two during the close season. It's nice to see some refreshing ideas from Wittoners as to how it could work as a few extra quid could be put behind the bar if a small event of some sort is arranged at the club. Thank you again for doing this.

More
5 months 1 week ago #30 by WHS
My pleasure, I loved writing and researching for the book, I just hope it sells like hot cakes and people like it.
WHS.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds