Next Fixture

Runcorn Town v. Witton Albion (CSC Prelim).
1 days 09 hours and 20 minutes

Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #1 by WHS
WHS created the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
I have put the message on the "Book" section but I just want to make sure that as many people as possible get the good and bad news about the book. The good news is that it will be available to purchase in June with any luck, but because it has a lot of photos and is over 150 pages long it will cost a bit more to print. I am having to increase the price to £12 and I will fully understand if anyone who has placed an order now wants to cancel. I must point out that once Andy Chadwick and I have been reimbursed for our outlay on the book ALL profits will go to the club which, if we sell all the books, will be near £1,000.
Once again, sorry.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #2 by Left Pegger
Left Pegger replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Well done WHS, looking forward to giving it a read. Thanks to Andy Chad for his great gesture of support, too.

Please put me down for a copy.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #3 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
No worries, looking forward to a good read.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #4 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
I have not had anyone cancelling yet, I am just sorry I could not hold the price at £10 but the consolation is that the profit we make will go to the club and if we sell them all it could be as much as £1,000.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5 by batchman
batchman replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
I'd be disappointed if anyone cribbed at £12. A lot of hard work goes into publishing something of the kind you have done. Like many others really looking forward to receiving it soon, and I'm positive we'll all get more value for money than expected. Well done and thanks.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #6 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
I have done all I can to make it a credit to the two authors who went before me. My proofreader, John Nattrass was very impressed, I just hope that the final publication lives up to our expectations, the printers I have used have a very good reputation so fingers crossed. Once again, sorry for the increase in price.
WHS.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #7 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
No need to apologise, it should prove to be a good read. Looking forward to getting my copy.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #8 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Can't wait for my copy I'm sure no one will be bothered about an extra quid or two. Well done WHS and thanks to Chad too. UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Paul S.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #9 by Central Grounder
Central Grounder replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Allen,

I did register my interest some time ago and advised that I would be delighted to purchase my copy of this book.

As an exiled Wittoner living in Cambridgeshire these days, how will I go about having it posted to me?

Also, how would you like to be paid for the book + postage costs? Is it a PayPal job, or credit card, cheque, Luncheon Vouchers, Tesco Clubcard points, etc. etc.? ;) ;)

Thanks for all your hard work, by the way - and how fitting that in the season you have chosen to publish the book, the mighty Albion have won promotion!:clap

Cheers,

Steve

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #10 by MONA
MONA replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
No need to apologise Allen I've know you a long time so honesty is not in question and I'm sure it will still be a good read at £12 so I still want the 2 copies I've ordered. Its the Lads birthday soon so he'll enjoy it and in fact told me when he came up for the play off final that he was looking forward to it. Well done mate onward and upward.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #11 by WHS
Steve, send my your address and a cheque made payable to me, Alan Lowe and I will post you a copy when they are printed. An extra three quid on to of the twelve for the book should cover it.
WHS.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #12 by WHS
You can believe me when I say I have done my utmost to make the book a proper tribute to a great club.
WHS.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #13 by WHS
My address is- 2, Melchett Crescent, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire. CW97EP I am hoping to have the books for sale sometime in early June.
WHS. (My name is actually Alan Lowe.)

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #14 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Just an idea WHS but as it is looking like the books will be ready prior to the start of the next season would it be worth arranging a couple of dates in the evening for local Wittoners to collect their copies from the social club? Just thinking Wittoners could have a beer and a "catch up" in the club (during the boredom of close season), collect their book(s), whilst sticking a few quid behind the bar at the same time if they want to.

Again just a thought and apologies if arrangements are already in hand re collection etc.

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #15 by Central Grounder
Central Grounder replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Thanks WHS - will do.

I did wonder about the spelling of your name on the forum - the last time I saw the name spelled as "Allen" it was on my "Book of Locomotives" by Ian Allen when I was a trainspotter as a kid :laugh:

Brought back many memories of cold, wet Saturdays spent on Crewe and Acton Bridge stations!

I'll make sure the cheque is made out in your correct name! :)

Thanks,

Steve
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Central Grounder. Reason: Typo

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds