Next Fixture

Workington v. Witton Albion
2 days 18 hours and 25 minutes

Now is (not) the time

More
4 months 5 days ago - 4 months 5 days ago #16 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Now is (not) the time
I have a record of contentious opinions but they came when we had poor managers who deserved derision, our present manager does not come into that category. In your opinion, someone I assume has never managed ANY team just watched is just that, the opinion of a supporter, you are fully entitled to that opinion but to imagine that our Manager takes ANY decision that is to the detriment of the team is simply ridiculous. Won 28 drawn 6 lost 5, 90 goals for 40 against 90 points is a record that stands up well to any season we have EVER had. I do not understand why you are so scathing over one decision he has made.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
Last Edit: 4 months 5 days ago by WHEELS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, Thatched tavern, albion forever

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago #17 by JT
JT replied the topic: Now is (not) the time

WHS wrote: I do not understand why you are so scathing over one decision he has made.
WHS.

Because in all probability that one decision has cost us the title and automatic promotion and yes I'm still smarting over it

I'd have thought an intelligent chap like yourself would have realised that

More
4 months 4 days ago #18 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Now is (not) the time

JT wrote:

WHS wrote: I do not understand why you are so scathing over one decision he has made.
WHS.

Because in all probability that one decision has cost us the title and automatic promotion and yes I'm still smarting over it

I'd have thought an intelligent chap like yourself would have realised that

But if Carl had got Calvin Hare at the start of the season Danny probably wouldn't have had much of a look in. Danny is a really really good keeper probably one of the best at this level, he had a great game today for instance including an incredible save good confidence and brilliant distribution. I'd certainly play him but then I'm not the manager, I'd have given Tolani more games after the superb start he had. Our management were trying their best to get the lads through a real pile up of fixtures and I have every faith in them after the great season we have had COME ON THE ALBION!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, albion forever

More
4 months 4 days ago #19 by oddfellow
oddfellow replied the topic: Now is (not) the time
So you've decided to slaughter the manager on that one decision. Well done . Glad to see your with us . Pathetic. Oh by the way what about those other games we dropped points in when Danny was in goal. Yes you certainly have a hidden agenda. Now jog on .UTA. GREAT SEASON LADS. WELL DONE

I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, albion forever

More
4 months 4 days ago #20 by Hardly Athletic
Hardly Athletic replied the topic: Now is (not) the time
Why such bitterness JT? I'm sure you would make a cracking job as a motivational speaker! You are judging the manager on one decision to drop the goalkeeper. A decision that won't have been taken lightly. What about a bit of praise for the fantastic season? The players the manager has brought in? The style of football we have played this season? Whatever happens from now until the end of the season I for one am extremely proud of what we have achieved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, MONA, Thatched tavern, albion forever

More
4 months 4 days ago #21 by fairnsquare
fairnsquare replied the topic: Now is (not) the time
I recall reading a lot of Preseason chat on here where people were moaning we had not made many signings, fast forward to now....Question...How many would have believed we got 93 POINTS with 2 games to go. NINETY THREE.... Brilliant season. Nough said,,UTA :-) :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MONA, Thatched tavern, albion forever

More
4 months 4 days ago #22 by WHS
I am fed up with this, I'm off. See you all on Monday though I do hate to give Vics my money!!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
4 months 3 days ago - 4 months 3 days ago #23 by Hardly Athletic
Hardly Athletic replied the topic: Now is (not) the time
Thanks WHS for the motivation but a wife, young children and 65 hours work a week limits my contribution as I'm sure many of the "younger" ones will appreciate. Maybe in 30 years time I / we will have an abundance of free time to contribute to the cause. Until then.....many thanks to the "Oldies" for keeping this great club running
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Hardly Athletic.

More
4 months 2 days ago #24 by WHS
Been there, done that, got the Tee Shirt!! Trouble is when you do have the time your body gives out!!
WHS.

More
4 months 2 days ago #25 by JT
JT replied the topic: Now is (not) the time
Marston Mauler Agree that I would have played Tol more, disappointed in that decision. I was also disappointed when Scott has been dropped, he is a good, committed, versatile player. Disagree about your comment re The Two keepers. Hart is good, Roberts is class.

Oddchap have I just read that right? You obviously haven't been to many matches this season. In fact I ain't even going to respond to that garbage

hardly Athletic you're missing the point buddy. I am annoyed at the managers decision to drop the number 1 keeper at such a CRUCIAL time of the season

Wonder what the sheep would say if Horley was dropped (another class player) you'd be up in arms!

This team is talented but the players who stand out are Hopley, Roberts, Bauress, Tames and Devine.

Enough is enough I can't waste my time listening to the "we love Carl brigade" I'm off for a pint and a bag of pork scratchings before the match

More
4 months 2 days ago #26 by WHS
Let us hope against hope that we do not set a world record and amass 99 points and not go up.
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds