Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Barnton FC (MCSC SF)
0 days 17 hours and 10 minutes

BOOK.

More
1 month 4 days ago #151 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: BOOK.
Delighted to hand over a cheque for £500 to Mark on Saturday with more to come especially if the gentleman who ordered ten ever claims his books!! Not that many left now. Ring me on 07527637108 if you want one before I run out.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 days ago #152 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: BOOK.
Are there any copies on sale in the club shop?

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
1 month 4 days ago #153 by WHS
Afraid not, they can only be acquired directly from me but that may change.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #154 by WHS
Delighted to say that a gentleman who I assume supports Radcliffe Borough on seeing the advert for the book duly ordered one and it is at this moment winging its way to Lancashire! I am now down to the last box of books so if you want one get it now as half will disappear once the order for ten is fulfilled. I will be sending a cheque for another £50 to the club this week.
WHS.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #155 by WHS
Still nothing in the Guardian regarding the book, I was hoping it would give the book one last push to sell the remaining copies but despite the photos being taken on two occasions there is still nothing in the paper.
Never mind, despite the lack of press coverage the club have made £570 so far with a possible £400 or so to come and that does not include the auction for the hardback copy. Many thanks to all you fans who bought copies.
WHS.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #156 by WHS
I can confirm that the club have received cheques totalling £560 already and will receive another cheque for £125 next week. Many thanks to all of you who have bought copies. There are only a few left and when they are gone they are gone.
WHS.

More
1 week 2 days ago #157 by WHS
Short delay sending the £125 cheque as I have been away, it will be paid to Mark on Monday. Sad news with the loss of Colin Lynch, he was a hero of mine and I am proud to have one of his very rare books on our town. Our book is now almost sold out with around 130 already sold. If you still want one call me on 07527637108. Colin's book cost £25 when it was published, now they are being sold for nearer £100. You never know, "Onward and Upwards" might go the same way!!
WHS.

More
5 days 5 hours ago #158 by WHS
Still nothing in the local press, you would think they were biased against either our club or me! Still, even without their help we are nearly sold out so if you want a copy for Christmas call me soon on 0160645804 or 07527637108.
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.691 seconds