Next Fixture

No events

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New song for the Vics fans on here

New song for the Vics fans on here 2 months 1 week ago #16

Its easy to say its the Board's fault etc etc, but who comes forward to put their head on the block?

The bottom line is we just don't raise enough money and whilst we are still here (thank the lordy!) finding the cash never gets any easier and making cheap shots from 3500 miles away isn't the answer either.

If those who think they can run a business and can help the Albion then phone the chairman - I bet he doesn't hang up on you !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Knutsfordian.

New song for the Vics fans on here 2 months 1 week ago #17

It's dead simple. If every Witton fan who gives a shit came to the home games when they can.. (I miss games through work and I know I'm not on my own) instead of just the so called big games or when the sun comes out then we wouldn't need their money. I know there's more than 300 Witton fans out there I've seen them!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.J., Thatched tavern

New song for the Vics fans on here 2 months 1 week ago #18

Nearly all good posts on here!

First thing I would say is that just because you don't go to very single game, doesn't lessen your love for the club or even deny you a say on what happens within the club. To be able to attend every game is a luxury some can't afford, whether for distance issues, financial issues, work commitments etc.

I was born a Wittoner and will die a Wittoner and no amount of in-fighting will deter me from supporting the club in any way I can, albeit from afar, not quite 3500 miles tho ;)

Whilst everyone has their own opinions, let's no get distracted about our aims - the preservation and support of WAFC.

Yes, mistakes have been made in the past - how far back do you want me to go? But rather than dwelling on that, let's pull together, learn from those mistakes and move on.

The cold fact is we need extra money to survive. We have a fantastic asset at Wincham Park and we must try to use it as much as possible. Enhancements to the Social Club have been great. Tenancy of another team is an ideal revenue source. How many teams want to share our facility? Not many. NVFC, despite all their dubious history are, as far as I am aware the only candidates - correct me if I'm wrong. So, and I don't like it, we would be stupid to ignore them as a revenue stream. Not ideal, but what are the alternatives?

Suggestions to the Chairman.

UTA!
WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch

New song for the Vics fans on here 2 months 1 week ago #19

I agree that attending every game isn't an option for most people, even if you live locally. Life does get in the way. That said, no matter where we live we have to face the realities of trying to raise enough money to keep this club afloat. The number of supporters watching the club seems to have dived dramatically over the past 50 years (perhaps Chad can compare attendances?) and there also seems to be fewer and fewer youngsters on the terraces.

I am not convinced that we will be here for the next 50 years

My personal view is that I would support a merged team in Northwich to help preserve non league football in mid Cheshire

New song for the Vics fans on here 2 months 1 week ago #20

A merged club? I also live a long way from the ground and would have no interest in a merged club or Mid-Cheshire football if there was a merger. I am also disgusted that we share with and have started to applaud that green and white shite. Well said Chad and Chris. I never thought I would see the day when Wittoners started to support that lot.

Last edit: by The Albion Tea Hut.

New song for the Vics fans on here 2 months 1 week ago #21

Any another thing, the Chads and Chris Lowes of this world have put thousands into the club over the years and have supported the club for decades. Don't forge that.

New song for the Vics fans on here 2 months 1 week ago #22

Nobody at the club forgets what many people have put in to the club over the years.
As for a merger? It's not going to happen. Quite simply because it wouldn't help matters. Look at the attendances at our level right now. Anywhere over 500 is rare unless you're South Shields.
Look at North Ferriby, five years ago they were thinking of league football, now they're gone. Look at Kendal, great non league set up and they're on the brink.
Be grateful for what we've got because we might not have it for long. UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

Last edit: by WHEELS.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds