Next Fixture

Buxton v. Witton Albion
0 days 12 hours and 56 minutes

Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).

More
3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #31 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
Yellow card:

Moors Liam Daly on 83 minutes for time-wasting.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by WHEELS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #32 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
Yellow card:

Witton's Josh Wardle on 85 minutes for a foul.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by WHEELS.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #33 by WHEELS
4 minutes of added time.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #34 by WHEELS
Full Time Score from Wincham Park:

Witton Albion 0 Solihull Moors 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #35 by ooaaFranzCarr
ooaaFranzCarr replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
Gutted. Understood the tactics today, didn't quite succeed for various reasons. Keep singing, I'll always join in! :-0

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #36 by ooaaFranzCarr
ooaaFranzCarr replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
Yam yam yam yam lol

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #37 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
Well we battled gamely but ultimately lost to a bigger, better and well organised side, Im not sure playing a midfield diamond with Brewster at the head helped us much as there fullbacks were rapid and doubled on up on our unprotected fullbacks but missing Smart and Owens I understand we tried something different.
We need to kick on now maybe try to get one or two more players in to help score goals which we lack desperately and add a bit of pace, 2 or 3 games in the cups ( play Brewster up front with Rob ? ) to get it right now before we get into the fight to get out of relegation zone. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #38 by GE
GE replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
I think you're generous in your comments about the FA Cup game CJ. We were toothless, devoid of any tactics other than lob it up to Rob to nod on to Jones (who gets worse with each game). Solihull weren't anything special but we didn't exactly give them anything to worry about.
Poor tactics by the manager but at least the groundstaff don't have to work on the grass divots on the wings this week.

A waste of £7 tbh.
GE

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #39 by Distantwittoner1
Distantwittoner1 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
Disappointing result but you cannot fault ANY of the players they all gave 100% against what I 'm lead to believe are virtually a full time side.
OFF the field I must congratulate EVERYBODY at Witton for all their hard work .
There are some very complimentary comments on the Solihull Moors forum about the team & hospitality. Unlucky but well done (if that makes sense).
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by WHEELS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marston mauler

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #40 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
Well Mr GE if you don't want to waste your £7 or any of your precious time watching us when we have a brilliant FA cup run which is only ended by a team high flying in the Conference then I suggest you simply don't bother. My view of the game was that we gave a good account of ourselves, actually I thought we weren't that good against FC Utd and would have to play much better against Solihull. I feel that we did and we had chances to score which didn't quite come off. Will Jones was involved in those chances and he played some good passes in the build up play. For anyone who was at the game to be so negative about it really is beyond me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #41 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
I think overall we gave it a good shot and weren't disgraced, but our failings at league level are self evident and were amplified against a team from a higher league. I am sure its not lost on the management team and the monies gained so far in the competition will no doubt help the team's finances. I spoke to the Solihull manager before the game. He was very complimentary about the whole Albion set up and said that the pitch was better than many in the National League. So both on and off the pitch we acquitted ourselves well
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, marston mauler

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #42 by jonnyamery
jonnyamery replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
We have done really well to get to this stage, but I do kind of agree with GE we didn't really have a go like we know we can do. Granted Owens and Smart were out and I do believe with those two we would have got into their midfield alot more. Just left feeling a little underwhelmed by the game.

But like has been said we did well to even be in the 4th round qualifier.

Reach for the stars
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world
Think about it
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by WHEELS.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #43 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Solihull Moors (FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round).
Agree with both sides of the discussion ! we have done really well in the FA cup but despite that our league form is poor and in most peoples eyes we lack pace on the wings and a strike partner for Rob Hopley and yes Will Jones does try but He does not score goals and lacks pace so He does not complement Rob at all !
We need at least 2 new players for the starting 11 for sure and Smart and Owens back fit and on form. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds