Next Fixture

No events

Witton Albion vs Whitby Town.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #16 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Whitby Town.
A really hard fought game with the Albion on the back foot for a large part of the second half after dominating the first when we could have had more than 1 goal to show. A strong defensive display saw us see out the game and claim all 3 points. Up to 8th and play offs still a possibility. I think the team thinks so, but not sure the supporters do. Rugby on the telly, but a poor gate none the less on a bright, cold winters afternoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #17 by Hardly Athletic
Hardly Athletic replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Whitby Town.
We didn’t start with much intensity today and coasted through the first half. Second half we didn’t really get going again and we were on the back foot for most of it. River Humphries was the best player on the pitch today by a country mile. A decent result though and a clean sheet was a bonus but the attendance was very poor. Is this the future of non league football?

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #18 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Whitby Town.
I thought we were decent first half and could/should have been 2 or 3 up at the break. Second half we didn't get going and somehow hung on for the 3 points. A good 3 points all the same and as always the effort of the players was faultless.

Agree re the crowd but not sure what else can be done that hasn't already been tried. People are more content to sit in the warmth of their homes with sky/bt sports on all day end of. Looking at other clubs attendances in our league today we are certainly not on our own with this problem. We will always have the 200/300 hardcore though with a fantastic stadium and brilliant volunteers. So all isn't too bad. UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #19 by ooaaFranzCarr
ooaaFranzCarr replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Whitby Town.
Good result so well done to the lads. Good point on the crowd, I'm guilty. (not sitting on my arse to be fair).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #20 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Whitby Town.
Overall we were just about worth the win, first half we were all over them and had numerous half chances to go 2-0 up, second half Whitby had much the better of the game but our impressive back 4 held well and Rivers clearance of the line was brilliant and he was my MOM also.
Re the gate it was freezing and a big rugby game on so maybe expected but having great volunteers and a super stadium does not pay the bills unfortunately, We need to still raise funds over and above the gate receipts. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #21 by Paul S
Very difficult to do CJ. A ground share might be the only viable option. We will be lucky to sustain our place in this league in years to come with attendances like yesterday. Highest league position for many years with crowds at their lowest. Really disappointing. UTA

PS - If people would rather stay at home watching egg chasers that says it all. And we got smashed by the Jocks anyway serves them right lol

Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Paul S.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #22 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Whitby Town.
Yes a ground share is needed tbh its the way to go to utilise our biggest asset, dont want 2012 winsford though ! they can stay in the dog and duck league where they belong with facilities to match and yes they still are THAT just because they are doing OK in the dog and duck cup against teams I have never heard off does not make them any better UTA.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #23 by Paul S
Who else would be looking for a ground share with us? V*cs have no money. No one else within our vicinity anywhere near our level. Both Runcorn clubs sorted. So presumably we would be looking at football league clubs reserve teams ie Crewe, Tranmere etc. I am completely guessing btw and its probably a discussion for the board and not on an open forum. It cant go on as it is though. UTA

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #24 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Whitby Town.
From the Whitby Town viewpoint.

Chris Hardy showed his “disappointment” after Whitby Town went down 1-0 to Witton Albion on Saturday afternoon.

“It was a fixture dictated to by a strong headwind which made it a game of two halves.

We’re disappointed with the goal we conceded. We had some decent chances to get ourselves back in the game but on the whole, they were probably the slightly better side.”

The Blues gaffer was also unhappy when it came to his side winning second balls.

“We can’t underestimate how hard the conditions were, it was a difficult playing environment and our first fourty-five minutes weren’t good enough.”

Chris Hardy also claimed that the second half appeared to lack quality, especially on the front-foot.

“I can’t remember either goalkeeper making a save, there were a lack of chances and if the game panned out as being a draw it would arguably be a fair result.”

And Hardy’s disappointment was confirmed when the ball ended up in the back of Jack Norton’s goal.

“There were a number of set pieces prior to the goal so we could see something was brewing.

It was well-worked but it happened from our poor play, we switched off.”

Despite this, the Seasiders boss felt “frustration” in the second half where he saw his side have two shots cleared off the line.

“It was frustrating. Did we do anything that was clear-cut? Possibly not and that creative spark? Possibly not. Eventually as the game rolled on, we seemed to run out of ideas.”
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by WHEELS.

Time to create page: 0.832 seconds