Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Barnton FC (MCSC SF)
0 days 17 hours and 13 minutes

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #31 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion.
Watched the highlights on Dabbers TV via YouTube last night. The first goal was unlucky, Rob had to try and clear it otherwise their player probably would've scored anyway. The second could've been prevented, the ball travelled quite a distance from the corner flag to the edge of the area and the scorer was left on his own. Our first goal from Rob was excellent, the penalty was finished clinically by Williams. His attempt from the halfway line was also really unlucky. Their winner seemed to bounce as Calvin Hare dived to save it. On another day, we probably would've won but they adapted to the conditions better.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by WHEELS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #32 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion.
Yes Rob found himself in a no win situation with the first goal. It did make me think though, has a Witton player ever scored at both ends in the same half of a game before? I certainly don't recall it ever happening in my time watching the Albs. Great quiz question for the future.......

If I had the wings of a sparrow...
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by Paul S.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #33 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion.
PRITCH scored, gave away a penalty and got sent off all within two minutes!!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #34 by Paul S

WHS wrote: PRITCH scored, gave away a penalty and got sent off all within two minutes!!
WHS.

At both ends? That was my question....

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #35 by midland red
midland red replied the topic: Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion.
The answer is our old centre half Chris Nichol (1966-1968) when he was playing for Aston Villa v Leicester March 1976. He scored twice for Villa and two own goals for Leicester. Still a record never to be beaten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #36 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion.
I remember that

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #37 by Paul S

midland red wrote: The answer is our old centre half Chris Nichol (1966-1968) when he was playing for Aston Villa v Leicester March 1976. He scored twice for Villa and two own goals for Leicester. Still a record never to be beaten

Good answer and a very interesting fact. I still reckon yesterday could be a first for Witton Albion in our entire history though (one of our players scoring in both goals in the same half of play) or, if not, it can't have happened more than a few times surely. Over to Chad!

I'll get my anorak :)

Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by Paul S.

More
4 weeks 18 hours ago #38 by oddfellow
oddfellow replied the topic: Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion.
Not our day. We move on. Can't understand why you would build a stadium for a winter sport with no cover for the fans. Soulless place. Pie was awful £2.20 for the smallest pie I've had at a ground. And £3.40 for a pint of John smiths. Your avin a laugh. No wonder there were few home fans. But as usual the Wittoners made the away trip fun and enjoyable. UTA

I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
The following user(s) said Thank You: WHS

Time to create page: 0.711 seconds