Next Fixture

Workington v. Witton Albion
2 days 18 hours and 30 minutes

Witton Albion vs Spalding United

More
4 months 1 week ago #31 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
He may have kept a clean sheet on Tuesday but it was not down to quality defensive work, it was bloody good luck to be honest, I just dont get why we would take a HUGE gamble at this point. !!!!

Witton Albion for Life UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stevej1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #32 by Philrobbo
Philrobbo replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
After the Rugby game I would have thought the manager 's mind would have been clear regarding the goalkeeper Two points thrown away

More
4 months 1 week ago #33 by JT
JT replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
Sitting here on my break with a cup of tea and digestive trying to reflect on last night's game. What on earth was Carl thinking about last night? He had a bench full of fit and able subs that he could and should have used. Have no idea what his rationale is about playing Hare over Roberts. This was an amazing opportunity to go top and put pressure in Shaw Lane and he messed up. The manager not the players! If he's reading this then we would like to know what your tactics were last night.

Shaw Lane will defend for their.lives on Tuesday, they know that we'll never catch them on goal difference. And I for one am not fancying the play offs one bit

More
4 months 1 week ago #34 by postyred
postyred replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
you've got to get a grip people,2 months a go we were'nt even in the play off places and now we're level on points with shaw lane.the manager has done a great job and to start slagging him off at this crucial part of the season is comical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, joheffey

More
4 months 1 week ago #35 by W.O
W.O replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
at the end of the day it,s Carls job to pick the team . we as fans have our own ideas who we would like to see playing but as we are on the same points as shaw lane I think Carl has done a great job this season . Ok we could have won last night but thats football , we were poor tuesday but won and nobody was complaining . Still think we will win at shaw lane and win the league by beating vics . uta
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, Thatched tavern

More
4 months 1 week ago #36 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
Nobody is slagging anybody off. Fans are just questioning a certain selection and the forum is the correct place to do this. The management have done a remarkable job and the group of players he has at his disposal are a credit to the club whenever they pull the shirt on. However, for whatever reason the decision not to play his number 1 keeper cost us the game last night and after the shift the players put in last night it is simply frustrating plain and simple. The lads will go again giving there all on Saturday but Roberts must play if we have any chance of the title.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JT

More
4 months 1 week ago #37 by JT
JT replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
Just read this on Guardian website

Meanwhile Macauley has confirmed to the Guardian that goalkeeper Danny Roberts is available, and is not nursing an injury.

He said: “We’ve had to be sensible, and look after players as best we can so they don’t pick up injuries.

“We’ve managed to make a handful of changes in each game, which was the plan.

“I think that’s helped lads, and they’ve had a breather where possible.

“Matty [Devine] is a good example of that; he’s had to be careful.

Good post Johno

I fully understand that managers have their favourites, you've only got to look at Dundas for a prime example of that but it is IMPERATIVE that we play our strongest team. If you Postyred and WO disagree with that then that's your prerogative
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johno, Mookie Blaylock

More
4 months 1 week ago #38 by Mookie Blaylock
Mookie Blaylock replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
I'd have Roberts in too. Hare has done well, but Roberts is the main man. Hopefully he's back tomorrow.

Should not post when drunk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S, JT

More
4 months 1 week ago #39 by Stevej1
Stevej1 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
CJ you're there each week why not ask Carl?

More
4 months 1 week ago #40 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United

JT wrote: Sitting here on my break with a cup of tea and digestive trying to reflect on last night's game. What on earth was Carl thinking about last night? He had a bench full of fit and able subs that he could and should have used. Have no idea what his rationale is about playing Hare over Roberts. This was an amazing opportunity to go top and put pressure in Shaw Lane and he messed up. The manager not the players! If he's reading this then we would like to know what your tactics were last night.

Shaw Lane will defend for their.lives on Tuesday, they know that we'll never catch them on goal difference. And I for one am not fancying the play offs one bit

Yes but what if Danny had been in goal and Carl had made three substitutions and we'd have LOST the game, what then?? Get a flippin grip!

More
4 months 1 week ago #41 by econneely
econneely replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
Criticism of the management over team selection especially during this fixture pile up is both bizarre and unwarranted. Get a grip and get behind the team. UTA!

WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
4 months 1 week ago #42 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
I too was disappointed that Danny wasn't in goal, but I have known Carl long enough, (since I signed him as a player, back in the 1990's) to know he doesn't make difficult decisions without just cause. I trust him to know that there was a valid reason for his selections and lineup, and his lack of substitutions. Please trust his decisions...there will be just cause due to facts we are not aware of!

Carl is the best manager we have ever had since Peter O'Brien, and hopefully he doesn't read this forum!

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, Paul S, WHEELS, econneely

More
4 months 1 week ago #43 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
Our manager is doing his job to the best of his ability and being very successful. Time for all supporters to do their job at the same level of commitment.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
4 months 1 week ago #44 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
I dont need to speak to Carl, if Roberts is fit and He is ! then He is a much better keeper all round than Hare- who has been chipped and made too many mistakes plus you dont need to rest a keeper and the fact that 99% of Wittoners would pick Roberts says it all ! so we wouldnt agree whatever Carl said- He is the manager so whilst they play for the team I will give them all my support, this is a fans forum for discussion get over it no need for all the insults. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
4 months 1 week ago #45 by Stevej1
Stevej1 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Spalding United
Football is about opinions Carl's being the ultimate one that said what makes yours correct? How do you know what difference it would have made if Calvin wasn't playing!! You talk about insults, do you not think people find your comments or observations about individual players insulting? As I said they go out to do the right thing and you're there each week ask him face to face and don't hide behind the forum.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds