Next Fixture

Barwell v. Witton Albion
3 days 07 hours and 42 minutes

Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #31 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
So I think we are 6 points behind the leaders with 2 games in hand .Doable,say what !! UTA :-)

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #32 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
Rugby provided tough opposition again, and this was no easy win. It didn't help having a young inexperienced referee, and his assistants didn't provide much assistance to him either!. Rugby should have finished the game with less than the 10 men that they did. Their number 3 was very lucky to stay on the pitch.

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #33 by come_on_the_albs
come_on_the_albs replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
What a massive result that is today. Lets not get carried away but we, for the first time in a while have a chance at top spot. A chance that's all. Big job to do and we need to take each game as it comes but what a management team and team of players we have. Go for it lads, pressure is ALL on Shaw Lane. You have done us proud this season whatever the outcome.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #34 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
I totally agree with come-on-the-albs but it is not going to be easy and we need everyone fit. How is Gards?
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35 by TWSfooty
TWSfooty replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
Never in doubt that this management team would take us as far as they have so far . Which by the way is a certain play off spot . Plenty to do yet ,but I personally think we will take the top spot . But I call for all supporters to try and make the trip to Shaw Lane when this game comes around and make this a home game .

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #36 by 2Trains1Bus
2Trains1Bus replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
Back from another enjoyable away day. First train flew through Rugby at 100 mph and arrived 20 minutes later at Legoland (also goes by the name of Milton Keynes).Caught next one back to Rugby where I ventured into the town to see the school where egg chasing was invented by William Webb Ellis, and perfected by Diego Maradonna among others. I then made my way to the ground and what a cracking ground it is, with cover on all four sides and dominated by a tall main stand with great views of the pitch and surrounding countryside for when the game becomes dull. Unfortunately Rugby is too far south for pies, peas and gravy so had to make do with a cheeseburger. Spent a while watching the Rugby keeper going through his pre- match time wasting practice routine, wondering if he could make the match last for two hours or more. As for the game itself a neutral wouldn't have been able to tell which team was towards the top of the league and which were bottom end as both were evenly matched. Witton scored first Rugby equalised, Roberts saved a penalty, 1-1 at half time . The turning point in the game came when a Rugby substitute came onto the pitch, became very angry and got himself sent back off the pitch. From that moment it was only a matter of time before Witton got a winning goal which came from Will Jones. Really hope Rugby stay up as they have a good ground and clubhouse and decent fans.
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by 2Trains1Bus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #37 by ooaaFranzCarr
ooaaFranzCarr replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
Quality effort going on the train and a big laugh at missing the Rugby station. That goalie-lad loves a bit of time wasting doesn't he?!

A great Saturday for the Albs. My first mid-week game on Tuesday.......going to walk and have a few!

I still like a burger....sorry :-)

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #38 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
Because Lincoln United beat Newcastle Town, we still need to beat AFC Rushden and Diamonds on Tuesday to guarantee a play off spot. Had Lincoln lost today, we would've already made it with today's results. One more win will clinch it.
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by WHEELS.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #39 by ooaaFranzCarr
ooaaFranzCarr replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
This team deserves to win the league from what I have seen, - not as much as you guys - but they're a different class imho.

Can't wait for the kids to grow up so I can go to more away days!

Wish us luck against Middlewich tomorrow! :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.J.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #40 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
Another fantastic 3 points. Well done to players and management for taking us on this ride, which is looking very good for promotion. Every Witton fan and more should turn out on Tuesday night to see the next episode in what could be a memorable season. UTA

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #41 by W.O
W.O replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
sorry but i,m going to say it "we're going to win the league"

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #42 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast. Just got home from a thoroughly enjoyable day out in rugby with carls barmy army with a very hard earned three points to boot. This club we love did us proud yet again with a massive result. They never give up. UTA x

If I had the wings of a sparrow...
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Paul S.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #43 by postyred
postyred replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
on april 6th at about 9.40pm we'll be top of the league and stay there.UTA.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #44 by MONA
MONA replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
Can't believe this result. Our team is just simply brilliant because what they have over other successful teams we've had in the past is a STRONG WILL TO WIN. To go down all the way to Rugby and turn over a team which had got a shock result against us the week before shows fantastic character and they did it without Rob H and Matty D and obviously Guards going off early injured all top players for us.
Really is awesome because if you think back to say the Vince team they played some lovely footie but did not have the backbone and winning mentality that this team has. I just hope that we can keep this up starting tonight with 3 points against Rushden to cement a play off place but more so because I really do believe in the management team and players and think they can pip Shaw Lane. They certainly deserve it for the effort and commitment they put in. Just hope that we can keep this set of lads for next season because they certainly won't be out of place in the premier when we get there. Keep it going boys all us fans are with you all the way!! Onward and Upward UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #45 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Rugby Town vs Witton Albion.
Go on lads, give my book a happy ending!!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds